San Diego Reckless Driving Accident Lawyer
As one of the most populated cities in the USA, San Diego sees its share of car accidents every day. Reckless driving accidents are orchestrating every hour in the city, and victims seek help in every nook and corner. The tragedy of reckless driving doesn’t just loom around the victim or the perpetrator; in most cases, it involves the lives of multiple people or loved ones.
What is a Reckless Driving Accident?
In common terms, the controlled operation of any vehicle is known as driving. A driver must follow a set of conditions, rules, established traffic laws, and other regulations while riding. When these rules are violated, and the driver disregards the safety of other civilians and property, such action is called reckless driving.
Operating a vehicle is a sensitive action; any negligence can lead to serious casualties like lives lost, life-threatening injuries, long-term disabilities, property damage, and many more. To tackle or provide safety to the citizens, the government has decided on several different regulations and guidelines. Negligence of these rules leads to what we know as reckless driving accidents.
Driver Behavior and Reckless Driving Accident in California
Under the California Vehicle Code Section 23103, citizens are prohibited from driving vehicles in public or parking areas with a willful violation or wanton disregard for others’ safety or property. It means if a driver violates others’ safety or property with a motive or willfulness to do so, the tragic occurrence is known as reckless driving under the eyes of the law.
Reckless driving is considered a serious crime. Its conviction is punishable anywhere from 5 to 90 days in jail and/or a fine between $145 and $1,000, depending upon the gravity of the case. The conviction is subject to more substantial penalties if the act of reckless driving results in injury or damage to the victim. Injuries don’t need to be serious; mere scratches or bruises can land the perpetrator months of jail time.
Any case of reckless driving also adds points to the offender’s license; if anyone accumulates 4 or more points in a period of 12 months, their license may be suspended or revoked. Accumulating 6 points in 24 months or 8 points in 36 months may also result in the same.
Why Do You Need a Reckless Driving Accident Lawyer?
While reckless driving is a serious offense, one has to prove that the driver was fully aware of their actions and still decided to ignore them. The prosecutor doesn’t have to prove that the driver had a harmful motive; all they have to prove is that the driver knew their actions were harmful and still went through with it.
While the law certainly does make the reckless driver accountable for any risk-intended action, it doesn’t assure compensation or payment for the medical or damage bills of the victims. It is where a lawyer comes into the picture and holds the perpetrator accountable for their action. An experienced accident lawyer will help the victim and their families recover the needed compensation for their losses.
Sometimes calculating the compensation or the gravity of the accident becomes extremely hard. In cases where reckless driving accidents involve more than one vehicle, commercial or authority vehicles drive recklessly, or insurance companies’ attempt to deny or devalue the claim; a lawyer will thoroughly investigate and aim for the best possible outcome for your case.
Factors That Affect Reckless Driving Accidents
Every reckless driving accident has one or several factors influencing the happening. These factors might sometimes be direct or indirect, but in any case, they certainly play an important part in such accident cases.
- Tailgating refers to having extremely less driving space between the reckless driver’s vehicle and the vehicle up-front. This leads to serious fatalities, resulting in the tailgated vehicle pushing into another vehicle, object, construction site, steep, etc.
- When drivers ignore the speed limit, it might result in losing control of the vehicle and causing harm to the lives of other drivers, children, cyclists, bikers, neighborhood pedestrians, or private and public properties.
- During unsafe conditions like heavy rainfall, snow, or weather that may limit the visibility or control of the driver, police could lower the original speed limit. If a driver purposefully ignores such recommendations, it might be a subject of reckless driving.
- Drivers that weave in and out of traffic can also be held accountable for driving too fast for the conditions or speeding. Failing to signal for lane changes can cause severe accidents on the road.
- Reckless drivers that make tight squeezes between lanes can confuse and cause vehicles to collide. Line splitting has an extremely high chance of inflicting damage and injury to others on the road.
- Reckless drivers that pass over others on the shoulder could startle another driver to take unpredictable actions on the shock. This may result in an accident and injure people or damage properties in return.
- In the eyes of the law, the influence of addictive substances or distracted, tired and drunk driving is seen as impaired. Driving a vehicle while impaired is considered a crime since the unorganized driver cannot respond in a calculative manner.
Common Injuries of Reckless Driving Accidents
Reckless driving accidents are infamous for the impact they pose on the victim or their loved ones. These impacts can be direct or indirect, somehow resulting in the loss or suffering of both sides.
Some common reckless driving injuries include:
- Bumps, bruises, scratches, scrapes, and cuts.
- Road rash if people are thrown out from the vehicle.
- Thermal, chemical, and other types of burns in case of fire.
- Face, eye, head, neck, shoulder, and overall injuries.
- Traumatic brain injuries, mild concussions, and internal injuries.
- Simple and compound fractures or amputation of body parts.
- Back injuries and spinal cord damage.
- Psychological and emotional trauma.
What Should You Do After a Reckless Driving Accident?
A reckless driving accident can drastically change your or your loved ones’ lives forever. Whether you are responsible for reckless driving or the victim, the first thing one has to do is call the authorities. One can also contact an experienced San Diego reckless driving accident lawyer since there are several elements involving a reckless driving accident, collection of evidence, bills, records, building up the case, and many more. An experienced lawyer will take care of everything and fight for the justice you seek and deserve.
Contact Top Rated San Diego Reckless Driving Accident Lawyer Today
For the victims of a reckless driving accident, it is extremely crucial to file a case to accumulate the compensation they deserve. It requires a calculative assessment to determine the proper course of action while representing any reckless driving case. The most tricky part is solving the numerous intertwined elements of the reckless driving accident cases.
One requires an experienced San Diego Reckless Driving Accident Lawyer to represent the case in a rightful way. The lawyer will gather factual evidence and strengthen your case with the proper facts and investigation required to do so. Shamon Law has experienced law personnel with impressive success rates in such cases.
Contact our San Diego office today.